One of our driving philosophies is to share our love of Gong Fu Style brewing and part of that is it make it open to everyone. Gong Fu style ranges from every day brewing to tea ceremony, and we wanted to break down the barriers both in image and in accessibility. So we created this Gong Fu Starter Set to include everything you need to start brewing in a way to get the best out of the tea – most importantly in a discounted and affordable package.
The set includes:
- Gong Fu Starter Pot: a pot we’ve looked high and low for which can brew all teas, from fine Japanese teas to unfurling Taiwanese oolong. This pot modeled as part Chinese Gaiwan and Japanese Shiboridashi is made from non-porous porcelain which reflects any tea clearly, and includes filter for finer tea leaves.
- Bamboo Tea Tray (32x16x4cm): this tea tray allows for brewing in both the dry and wet style. This tray is multilayered, with a reservoir for not only catching water, but also for storage of tools.
- Tea tools: the most basic and necessary are the Tea Scoop 茶则 (Cha Ze), for weighting, analyzing and pouring the dry tea leaves, and a Tea Spoon 茶拨 (Cha Bo), for moving and cleaning the tea leaves and pot.
- Two Nari Tea Cups (65ml per): our tea cups are made from clear porcelain, and emblazoned with our logomark, which is a fusion of our core philosophy 天地人和 (tian di ren he) meaning ‘Heaven, Earth, Human in Harmony’
- Tea Cloth (44x9cm) : The “Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy” states that the most useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can carry is a towel. A tea cloth is just a small towel – perfect for cleaning, drying, and the spirit to take on any tea session without fear.
- Nari Tea Tin: made of infinitely recyclable aluminum, the Nari Tea Tin is also infinitely refillable. Bring it back to our shop for a 5% refill discount.